A few weeks back, we hit the red carpet for wedding hair inspiration, and it was such a success, we’re doing it again – this time, it’s all about celebrity-inspired wedding hairstyles. From ultra-modern statement hairstyles, to classic updos that are chic and timeless, we’ve scoured award shows and movie premieres to bring you 24 gorgeous red carpet hairstyles to steal for your wedding. Screenshot your favourite, bring it to your wedding hair trial, and chat to your hairstylist about how it can be adapted for your own wedding day tresses.
1. Pretty halo plaits and flowers at the back? Lucy Hale is serving up sweetness with this look.
2. Pearls are the latest big trend in bridal hair, and Janelle Monáe is showing us how it’s done with her bejewelled beehive from the Golden Globes.
3. If there’s a current starlet that exudes Hollywood glamour, it has to be Blake Lively, and these dramatic waves are old school glamour all over.
4. We loved Kiki Layne’s braided upstyle for the Oscars, but then she added embellishment for the after parties and we fell ever harder!
5. A top knot tucked pony? For contemporary wedding hair, let Emma Stone be your muse!
6. So classic, and so chic, Zoe Saldana’s twisted halo is wedding-perfect, especially with a hair vine to embellish the look.
7. Is there anything hotter than a sleek, straight bob? Irina Shayk has us sold.
8. Ruth Negga can’t put a foot wrong in our book, and this soft, curled, updo is so natural and pretty.
9. Emily Blunt is a big fan of a halo braid so she’s the perfect one to show us how to turn this look formal with sparkling earrings and full lashes.
10. Representing for the short-haired brides, Greta Gerwig’s flapper waves are perfect for a special occasion.
11. Ribbons and braids, Gemma Chan is rocking not one, but two of our favourite wedding hair trends!
12. Wearing a statement headpiece can be daunting, but as Kate Bosworth is leading by example a look that will give some regal elegance to your wedding hair inspiration styling.
13. Half-up, half-down hair is the best of both, and we’re entirely inspired by this polished take on the ‘do á la, Jessica Chastain.
14. The ultimate effortless updo Wedding Hair Inspiration, Olivia Wilde’s look has it all; texture, volume, and ‘I just woke up like this’ glamour.
15. Lady Gaga might be known for more outlandish upstyles, but this ballerina bun and bangs combination is perfect for a pretty wedding day updo.
16. The concept of ‘flowers in her hair’ is getting a modern day makeover with Andra Day’s stunning ponytail from the Oscars.
17. Eva Mendes is the queen of the tousled beehive, this look is perfect for timeless glamour that’s a touch sexy. Wedding Hair Inspiration.
18. Not sure what to do with a pixie crop for your wedding day? Grow it out on top to recreate Lily Collin’s sexy, tousled style.
19. Braids and daisies? We were always going to be head over heels for Elle Fanning’s red carpet look from Cannes – this one is perfect for guests and bridesmaids too.
20. A high pony and a heavy velvet bow? Hailey Baldwin Bieber is serving up Bardot vibes, and we reckon this high pony would be dreamy on a bride – don’t you agree?
21. Justifying our hairband obsession, Sienna Miller is giving us accessory envy with this headband/updo combination.
22. Showing us the power of the right accessory, this Keira Knightley look is all about easy-to-wear elegance.
23. Drama, glamour, and contemporary sophistication, Olivia Culpo’s braid-laced low bun is next level!
24. Want to wear your hair out on your big day? Make like Kerry Washington at the Met Gala and add a statement headpiece so it feels extra special for the day that’s in it!
Still planning your look? Get more hair and makeup inspiration
See more in: