When it comes to planning a corporate event, there are truly a lot of details to take care of. But with proper planning and enough time, planning a corporate event can be simple and easy to do. Even though you may feel overwhelmed at first, if you break down your process into actionable steps, it will be much easier to organise and manage your corporate event.
There are many reasons why companies hold corporate events at a banqueting hall every year. This can be either to launch a new product of service, to keep in touch with all clients and suppliers, or simply to celebrate a specific success within the company. Regardless of the reason for the event, planning a corporate event can be challenging, as you will have to impress everyone invited, especially the management team. That’s why people often work with professional coordinators to ensure that the entire event is planned professionally and that all the small little details are taken care of.
Your budget will probably be one of your biggest aspects to consider, as most companies have a set budget for a specific corporate event every year. This is one more reason why early planning is so essential, so that you make sure that you can fit in everything with your company’s specified budget.
There are many aspects that make for a successful corporate event, and this mainly includes finding the right venue; finalizing your guest list in advance, and making sure that all suppliers are on board and on track with your event. With so much planning going into a corporate event, especially if you are expecting a few hundred people, it is often a good idea to work with a professional and experienced co-ordinator to help you find all the right suppliers, and ensure that all the details are being taken care of.
You need to allow yourself enough time, especially if you are planning everything on your own. You will need to work according to a specific theme, make sure all the guests are properly invited, and ensure that the corporate event is huge success.
Here are a few great tips to keep in mind when you need to plan your next corporate event.
1. Write down all the details. Before you even begin your planning your event, make sure that you have all the right details available. Start with the basics, such as the time of day, who will be attending, the theme or goal of the event, and of course your venue. Make multiple to-do lists if needed, and go through them regularly to ensure you don’t forget anything. You can also consider working with a coordinator if you don’t feel up to handling everything on your own.
2. The venue is very important. You have to know whether or not you need a small and intimate venue, or a larger banqueting hall for a bigger event. The venue you choose should not only be in the right location, but it should also be the perfect size for the event you are hosting. Keep in mind the number of guests who will be attending, as well as all the different areas or features you may need. Securing your venue is one of the first steps toward organising a successful corporate event. Make sure that you have a look at various banqueting or options available in your chosen area.
3. Decide on a budget. If you have been given a budget, make sure that u stay within this as much as possible, and break it down into the various aspects of your event. Having a budget will help you to plan your entire event, as you will know exactly how much you can spend on everything. A good rule of thumb is to always try and spend a little less than your budget, to make room for any unnecessary expenses that might arise.
4. Choose a suitable theme. Once you have booked your banqueting venue you should choose a suitable theme for your corporate event. This can be anything from a light meal with cocktails and snacks, to a fancy sit down buffet style event. Before you find a caterer, you need to know what the theme and the overall goal of the event will be. From there you can secure the suitable suppliers and start making arrangements according to the theme of your event.
5. Find the right suppliers. Once you have the basic details ready, and you have secured your banqueting hall, start finding the right suppliers. This should include a caterer, someone to do the décor, or even someone to handle all your sound and lighting, especially if you will be providing your guests with a presentation, music, or other entertainment. The earlier you book your supplies, the more rest assured you’ll be, knowing that all the elements are being taken care of.
Be sure to ask as many questions as you want, to make sure that your corporate event is a huge success. From organising the caterer, to choosing a theme and getting the perfect banqueting hall as a venue, there are a lot of details and planning involved when it comes to organising a corporate event. That’s why you should start early, so that you have enough time to organise everything, and have more than enough time to handle any unforeseen issues that you might come across.
If you are looking for the ideal banqueting hall for a large corporate venue, contact VUK Banqueting Suite. Our staff is highly experienced and we can accommodate up to 700 guests comfortably. We are the perfect venue for large corporate functions, but we can also accommodate smaller groups as well. Visit us online or phone us to arrange for a viewing of our venue.